You may find the answer to your question below, but if not, feel free to contact us.
What is the difference between Project LEAP and the PTA?
Both are non-profit organizations that support Lee Elementary school; however, PTA bylaws prohibit the funding certain areas, including personnel. Project LEAP focuses primarily on funding STEM-oriented resources to augment what the district makes available to the school.
Where does the money raised by Project LEAP go?
Here are some of the many ways that Project LEAP allocates the funds raised:
- Funding of a credentialed teacher to provide technology education classes
- Providing Accelerated Reader (AR) software that provides a comprehensive reading program, personalized to each student’s needs
- Updating computer hardware and software (including PCs, smart boards, and printers in each classroom, iPads, and other tablets)
- Funding a media center instructional aide
- Hosting family science night
How can I get involved?
We’re always looking for any help we can get, whether it’s a long-term commitment to join the board or something as simple as helping at a single event. Here are some great ways to get started:
- Attend a meeting – look for the notices in the WeekLEE reader
- Join our volunteer team – see contact information to get in touch!
- Make a tax-deductible donation to Project LEAP
- Support and/or attend our annual dinner & auction to help raise funds
- Attend other events, such as family science night